Tarheel Dingo

Born and raised in smalltown Missouri, but North Carolina is now home. Unforutnately the Air Force has a differnt idea for me from time to time.

Name:
Location: Lakeland, GA, United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Father Like Jesus

In John 21 Jesus has to deal with "sibling rivalry" as some would put it. He went to the Disciples post ressurection and was talking with them on the shore of Galilee (I think that is right) and ask Peter three diffrent times if Peter loved him and of course Peter responding in three different manners but always replying yes to all three questions, but when Peter was told about his life and how it would end, Peter in good Peter fashion ask Jesus what about him (speaking of John) and Jesus told him that if I want him to stay here until I come back what diffrence does it make to you. In that moment I saw Christ acting as a Father should act when this situation arises in his own home. I have had this happen ever since my Wife and I brought baby number 2 home from the Hospital. The oldest is always saying well what about this one or that one and to settle this conflict Biblically you can turn to John 21 and see how the Lord Jesus Christ handled it amongst his own Disciples!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home